Grant County Prospectors
VISION: The Grant County Prospectors are a group of community leaders that work in collaboration to educate policy makers and community members about the economic, community development and legislative needs for the advancement of Grant County.
MISSION: The Grant County Prospectors is a civic-league organization that promotes and advocates for the social welfare, economic and community development of all areas of the County through the education of community members, regional and state agencies and organizations, as well as policy makers that influence the political process.
PURPOSE: To accomplish this mission, the Grant County Prospectors will develop goals on an annual basis that best use the resources of the region, both natural and human, to serve as a catalyst to activate units of government, social organizations, and other entities or individuals in the region in improving the welfare and quality of life for the residents of Grant County.
- President – Evangeline Zamora – Retired, Consultant, Non-Profit CEO
- 1st Vice President – Bruce Ashburn, Community Manager, PNM
- 2nd Vice President – Curtis Clough, Asst Superintendent, Silver Schools
- Secretary – Carlos Lucero, Western Bank
- Treasurer – William Knuttinen, CPA, Morones & Knuttinen, LLC.
- Past President – Mischa Larisch, Planning Director, Grant County
- Community Legislative Action, Kim Clark, Chair
- Membership, Wayne Sherwood, Chair
- By-Laws, Mike McMillan, Chair
Membership meetings: are generally held the third Thursday of the month at 11:45 am.*
CLAC meetings: held the second Monday of the month at 10 a.m.*
Membership: Membership is limited to 50 individuals. Anyone interested in becoming a member may contact any of the officers of Prospectors or the Membership Chair, Wayne Sherwood at 575-313-1799. All new members must be sponsored by a current member – membership application here: Prospectors Membership Application revised 10-2013 (2)final 9-9-14
Questions about this website please contact Kim Clark at 575-538-2665.