The Prospectors host events throughout the year. We host Legislative Interim committee meetings, Cabinet Secretary visits, Election candidate forums and much more.
Thursday, December 6, 2018 – Annual Legislative Communications Forum.
Wednesday, January 30, 2018 – Grant County Day at the Legislature and Annual Legislative Reception.
- New Mexico Legislative Finance Committee: September 24-25, 2018.
- Grant County Candidate Forum: September 18, 2018.
- New Mexico Health and Human Services Committee: July 10-11, 2018.
- New Mexico Water & Natural Resources Committee: August 31, 2015.
- New Mexico Jobs Council: The Prospectors hosted the NM Jobs Council’s meeting in Silver City on October 9, 2013. Our sponsoring partners included PNM, WNMU, Gila EDA, Freeport McMoRan, SW Council of Governments and the SW School of Cosmetology.
- New Mexico Legislative Finance Committee: June 11-14, 2013, the Prospectors hosted a variety of events to welcome the Legislative Finance Committee to Grant County. A welcome gathering was sponsored by Sen. Howie Morales, Rep. Rudy Martinez and Rep. Dianne Hamilton. Breakfasts by Gila Regional Medical Cntr, HMS and WNMU Museum, snacks by Gila Economic Development Alliance and Silver City Arts & Cultural District, lunches by PNM, 1st NM Bank and the Town of Silver City, and a dinner reception by by Dr. Joseph Shepard and WNMU.
- Grant County Day at the Legislature and Annual Legislative Reception: January 30, 2013.
- NM State Transportation Commission: The Prospectors hosted the STC for their monthly meeting held in Silver City. October 17th, 2012 a ribbon cutting was held at the Jose Barrios Elementary School pedestrian bridge and a dinner was hosted with co-sponsors (Prospectors, James Hamilton Construction and Engineers Inc.). On October 18th the morning was committee meetings, lunch was sponsored by WNMU and afternoon was the commission meeting.
- NM Veteran’s Affairs Committee: On August 21, 2012 the Prospectors successfully hosted the VA Committee at the WNMU Besse Forward Global Resource Center. A dinner was co-hosted by the Prospectors and WNMU President Joseph Shepard. Lunch was sponsored by the Prospectors for the committee meeting.
- Grant County Day at the Legislature and Annual Legislative Reception: January 26, 2012
- NM Legislative Interim Committee Meeting – Water and Natural Resources: The Prospectors successfully hosted this committee in Silver City at the Grant County conference center Monday, August 1st and 2nd, 2011. The Prospectors along with the Gila San Francisco Water Commission and the Grant County Beat provided breakfast each day. The Prospectors hosted a reception for the committee members on Monday evening and the Prospectors and Silver City Rotary Club hosted the committee for lunch on Tuesday at WNMU.
- NM State Transportation Commission: February 24-25, 2010 the Prospectors along with community partners hosted the commission for their two-day meeting.